We Droit Penale: ILJCC have taken an initiative of starting our blog "Droit Penale NewsLetter" this shall be maintained by few members of our organisation.
This blog shall have the latest updates regarding legal facets of the societies at large. We invite bloggers to connect with us and share views or submit articles which can be posted and shared through this blog.
ONLINE ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION organised by SCHOOL OF LAW, JAGRAN LAKECITY UNIVERSITY, BHOPAL.
Ambitions define a man's future whereas education designs his pathway towards it. At Jagran Lakecity University, we are committed to providing our students with a holistic environment that promotes self-awareness and competency. Founded on life-enriching values, we are a complete government recognized and approved state private university under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956, Government of India. The University has been recognized as Global League Institution 2015-16 by The Great Place to Study Research Institute and awarded as 'University of the Year' by FMPCCI; the university is a vital part of Bhopal.
GRO Global is a non-profit organization with a global presence that is dedicated to elevating the practice of mediation and serving our local communities. They strive to achieve this through their international training partners, local free mediation clinics, certification standards for mediators and trainers, code of conduct, resources and platforms
ABOUT THE ESSAY COMPETITION
JLU Centre for International Commercial Arbitration & Alternate Dispute Redressal in association with GRO Global is organizing an Online National Level Essay Writing Competition.
1. The competition is open for all the law students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university/college across India.
2. Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submission will lead to disqualification.
3. The Essays can be written by a maximum number of 2 Co-authors.
The theme of the Essay Competition is “Changing Landscape of Mediation”
REGISTRATION FEE DETAILS
Registration Fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only).
The registration is to be done by filling the online form available here (form).
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
1. The title of the essay should be followed by the Name of the student(s), Name of the University/ Institution and E-mail address.
2. The essay should be typed in MS Word format preferably 2007 or 2010. The essay must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
3. The length of the essay should not be more than 3,500 words (including footnotes).
4. The sub-heading should be in Font size 12, Bold, Times New Roman and Center aligned.
5. The main text should be in Font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
6. All references must be in the form of foot-notes with Font size 10 single spacing.
7. For citation Bluebook style – 20th Edition should be followed.
8. Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted
9. Participants not adhering to the word limit will be marked negatively.
10. The Essays are strictly meant to be an original work of authors/co-authors. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
11. Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx format only.
12. In addition to sending the essay as an attachment, you must include your name, mailing address, and the university or school that you’re enrolled in.
13. All submission of essays shall be made in soft copies to (email@example.com) and the subject of the mail should be “Essay writing competition”.
1. Last date of registration: 10th April 2020 2. Last date for receiving the submission: 20th April 2020 3. Declaration of results (tentative): 10th May 2020
The Jury for the Competition would be:
1. Ms. Kimberly Schreiber
2. Mr. David Adams
3. Mr. Cezary Rogula
Proposed Prize money is as follows:
1st Prize Rs. 7,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
2nd Prize Rs. 5,000 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
3rd Prize Rs. 2,500 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
3 Consolation Prize - Rs. 1,000 and Certificate and Books Worth Rs 3000
University would issue participation certificates to all the participants.
1) Dr. Apoorva Dixit
Coordinator - Centre for International Commercial Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
JLU School of Law
Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
2) Ms. Saumya Shaji
Co-Coordinator - Centre for International Commercial Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution